Wednesday 7 March 2007

Merkins



























Our record label "Curfew" releases dance music, and whereas at one time it was about the packaging of vinyl records, these days it is increasingly all sold on the web as mp3's on sites like Beatport.

These are possible web banners / graphics for those sites. I wanted to try working with colour, and a like the 3d type idea, although this is all done with a small rectangle. I am still not sure whether it looks right, but it is miles better than the last ones i did three months ago. I hope to be able to master this stuff in the next year or so, as I could get plenty of work. I know everyone in that particular niche market.

As a general thing, I really want to work on my basic design skills, composition, layout, grid, just get my eye working better! Where possible I would like to do plenty of these little jobs alongside my college work. I am never really happy with my composition so far, but am confident that it will fall into place with more practice.

No comments: